Free Toronto Meditation Lessons - Downtown, Annex and Danforth
You are welcome to attend any of our free meditation courses in the Annex, Danforth and Downtown. In accordance with the ancient system of yoga, all of our meditation courses are free. You're are welcome to come and experience the joy of meditation yourself!
Locations and Schedule:
Annex - College/Shaw Library
766 College Street (College and Shaw)
Monday November 30 : 7:00pm to 8:00pm
Monday December 7 : 7:00pm to 8:00pm
Monday December 14 : 7:00pm to 8:00pm
Monday January 4 : 7:00pm to 8:00pm
Monday January 11 : 7:00pm to 8:00pm
Monday January 18 : 7:00pm to 8:00pm
Monday January 25 : 7:00pm to 8:00pm
• These meditation lessons include three simple and effective mantra meditation techniques. The first involves the breath and will relax and rejuvenate you. The second includes meditation beads and encourages the mind to rest in the peaceful sound of the mantra. The third technique uses music and is very effective and enjoyable. No need to register, simply show up!
Danforth - Eastminster United Church
310 Danforth (across from the Carrot Common)
Saturday November 28: 2pm to 3pm
Saturday December 12: 2pm to 3pm
Saturday January 9: 2pm to 3pm
Saturday January 23: 2pm to 3pm
Enter from the side door on the east side of the building and there will be signs to direct you to the Boardroom where the courses take place. If you are traveling by public transport we are a short walk west of Chester Station or a short walk east of Broadview Station.
• These courses are perfect for beginners or seasoned meditation practitioners and consists of a few different methods of meditation. The first method involves sound meditation with deep breathing. The second consists of meditation with beads, and the third consists of meditation with music. Over all the practice is simple, deeply relaxing and beneficial on all levels. There is no need to register.
Silverthorn - The Evelyn Gregory Library
120 Trowell Avenue (Keele and Eglinton Ave. West)
Saturday December 5 : 11:00am to noon
Saturday January 16 : 11:00am to noon
• Stress Management Thru Restorative Meditation Classes - These classes consists of a relaxing meditation session and tension relieving stretches. Please bring a yoga mat or a non-slip surface mat to the class. To register please call 416-394-1006.
Oakwood Village Library
341 Oakwood Ave. (St. Clair West and Dufferin)
Monday November 30 : 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Monday December 14 : 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Monday January 25 : 6:30pm to 7:30pm
• Stress Management Thru Restorative Meditation Classes- These classes consists of a relaxing meditation session and tension relieving stretches. Please bring a yoga mat or a non-slip surface mat to the class. To register please call 416-394-1040.
An EnChanted Evening (Spadina/Bloor)
Please note there will be no Enchanted Evening on Sunday Dec 20, 27th and January 3. We will resume on Jan 10
Every Sunday from 6:00pm to 8pm at Trinity-St. Paul's Church, 427 Bloor St. West (just west of Spadina). These evenings are free of charge but donations are gratefully accepted to cover the cost of the meal.
• Join us for our Sunday evening group meditation. Feel yourself transported to another realm by the beautiful chanting of sacred mantras, and breathing meditation. Two methods of meditation will be taught and practiced. One using the breath and another accompanied by beautiful music. A delicious vegetarian dinner will be served. You will leave feeling refreshed, renewed and satisfied. These gatherings are free of charge. No need to register, simply show up!
As one of our teachers has a compromised immune system we ask that you don't attend if you are sick. Thank you for your consideration.
All of our meditation classes are free of charge. If you'd like to attend please contact us for directions or simply show up. (Please note if you would like to attend the Oakwood class please register by calling 416-394-1040)